Friday, November 26, 2010

3-2-1- Blast off !!!!

Welcome to my first attempt at blogging!!! There were so many inquiries as to when my next shows were and questions about the techniques that I am using in my images that I felt compelled to start a blog to  help keep everyone involved. I really appreciate all of the interest and support!! So without any further ado.

I have spent the last eight months getting myself prepared to launch an attempt to enter the art world. Most of the time was spent Editing images, cutting matte, framing  and packaging photos for the art shows. The reality is I have been totally amazed at just how much work, how many details and how much money was involved in this endeavor.


However, The minute the Art shows started I knew I was hooked!! What a rush getting to talk to everyone about my art. Getting the feedback and just talking to some really great people...not sure it can get much better than that. The interest was incredible and everyone was so kind. You guys are great!!!


I started by entering the Pure Florida art contest. It was a Juried contest and I didn't realize just how prestigious it was until after I was accepted.....I might not have entered if I had known !!! hahaha I submitted 3 pieces and two were accepted.....the competition was amazing. Glad I was not a judge! I didn't win but, it was great at the meet and greet just getting live feed back from all of the patrons. Fifth Avenue Art Gallery handled the event in an amazing fashion.. It ran like clock work and the crowd was huge. The building was packed all evening. It was a wonderful feeling to get to have my work on display for about a month.  I could tell I was going to be an addict!!


My next entry was into "All that Art"  which was put on by the Creative Arts Foundation of Brevard . The finalists would all be on displayed at the King Center in Melbourne. Once again I entered three pieces and two were accepted. This too was a Juried competition and the work that was submitted was amazing!! I felt really honored just to be there let alone to make it to the finals. If you are not familiar with this organization , and I was not. I have to say its absolutely top notch!! I dealt with a lady named Suzanne Frank...she was amazing, tireless on top of everything, the consummate professional! The event was absolutely seamless. They even had Robert Lebron as the final judge. His paintings sell for up to $25,000. , he has done commissions for national geographic, Forbes magazine......ahhhh well you get the gist ....he is an amazing American Impressionist of the highest caliber. The awards were on the 23rd of November and I did not win but, once again what an honor just to be there!! If you get a chance go by and check the display out there is some amazing art on display. The exhibit will be running until December 6th......


I have so much more to share with you all but, I will save it until next time!!! Lots of cool stuff about the Art shows I just recently participated in.......Stay tuned and once again I can not thank you all enough for the encouragement and the support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment